Curriculum NLP Trainer
NLP Master IANLP or NLP Master certification by other standards accepted by IANLP is a prerequisite to participate in the NLP Trainer training (IANLP). If a prospective student does not fulfill this requirement please refer to procedure for granting equivalency (Post-certification based on third-party trainings).
At least two years must have elapsed between the first day of practitioner training and the first day of trainer training, or, alternatively, at least 2.5 years (30 months) must have passed between the beginning of the practitioner training and the end of the trainer training (date of certification).
Duration of training
A minimum of 130 hours of live training, including testing, is required. Training must be spread over a period of 18 days or longer. Breaks exceeding 30 minutes that are taken in the course of the daily training can not be counted towards the fulfillment of the 130 training hours. In addition, at least 15 hours of supervision (individual and/or group) are required. Supervision shall primarily focus on a seminar that was conducted by the trainee but may also include other foci that are useful in enhancing the professional skills of the trainee.
Before the start of the training, training contents with a rough time schedule as well as the names of the two fellow member trainers that are in charge of the training design must be submitted to IANLP office. IANLP will confirm receipt of this documentation.
The live training has to be designed by two fellow member trainers. Eighty percent (80%) of the live training has to be led by a fellow member trainer; 20% of the live training can be led by any other qualified person under the supervision of a fellow member trainer. Starting with 15 participants, for each 15 additional participants, training has to include an assistant with at least NLP Trainer level training. A training group consists of seven (7) students or more.
Qualification of Trainers
Trainers must have obtained fellow member trainer status according to IANLP standards for at least 3 years, must have conducted at least 3 NLP Practitioner- and 2 NLP Mastertrainings, and must have assisted in a NLP Trainer training.
Abilities of NLP Trainers and Criteria for Evaluation and Certification
- Complete behavioral competence in all NLP Master level skills, ability to do NLP Practitioner and NLP Master techniques simultaneously both overtly and covertly.
- Demonstrate facility to shift between content and form (i.e., between experience and labeling) and different logical levels (R. Dilts).
- Ability to demonstrate behavior of what one is teaching and to teach what one is doing - and to label it linguistically (Model Self).
- Graceful interventions in group settings; maintaining rapport and giving sensory specific feedback;
- Ecological work with individuals and groups, utilizing of group processes and students' resources; competence in group leading and conflict management;
- Rapport with self, individuals and group; Pacing and leading;
- Professional self-management; respect for audience (i.e., keeping separate one's model of the world from that of others, responding congruently to differing models of the world, considering and responding ecologically to others; conscious and unconscious processes);
- Behavioral integration of NLP presuppositions in group work;
- Knowledge of psychological and neurobiological concepts, psychotherapeutic methods and common communication models, as well as their integration into NLP.
- Design of presentation: Setting opening and closing frames; setting outcomes; chunking and sequencing of information and experience; balance between information-giving and opportunities for discovery; facilitating the generalization of information and skills across context and time; methodically planning trainings with respect to different representational systems, varying metaprograms and learning styles of participants.
- Rapport, pacing and leading from/with groups and individuals on various levels and with a variety of methods.
- Creating accelerated learning;
- Design of exercises: specifying outcomes of exercises; overt and covert learning, including previously learned material; separation of perception and evaluation of group processes; giving specific sensory grounded feedback, by way of questions that focus appropriate search and self-exploration by individuals; demonstration, or, if necessary, overtly directing individuals what to do; explanation of exercises, including the ability to explain and exercise behaviorally without the use of notes or printed aids; future pace of learning results;
- Use of visual presentation aids
- Use of deep and shallow metaphors for process instructions and preframing;
- Utilization of multilevel feedback; ongoing re-evaluation and incorporation of overt and covert information from individuals and group;
- Planning of appropriate interventions with individuals and groups, execute interventions both pro- and reactively.
- Ability to utilize criticism, difficult behavior, disturbances and rejection by group members.
- Ability to use outcome oriented, covert communication skills.
- "Tasking"; creating tasks that presuppose that a person can behave differently in a way that expands his/her model of the world;
- Ability to answer questions (including discerning level and intent of questions and generating level-appropriate responses).
- Ability to do demonstrations.
- At least two live presentations in front of a group of at least 6 qualified participants. Presentation are to last at least 20 minutes and include feedback from the group and the fellow member.
Note: The aim of the NLP Trainer training shall be the training of NLP based presentational skills. Conveniently, contents of Practitioner- and/or Master training will be used as a means to teach and train. But these contents shall neither be a part of this curriculum nor the final testing.
Written test for NLP Trainer
The required written test shall be a summary of the minimal contents and is a mean to ensure a high level of quality. This test shall demonstrate the knowledge and appropriate integration of the contents described above.
The written testing is to be designed by the fellow member trainer and is expected to match his/her training emphasis. Written tests are to be stored for at least three years following testing. For reasons of quality ensurance, IANLP (or personel entrusted by IANLP) has the right to request that this documention is sent to IANLP for review.
Practical testing for NLP Trainer
There shall be a practical testing period at the end of NLP Trainer training. The fellow member trainer is free to design this practical testing to demonstrate the fulfillment of the criteria required for certification.
The practical testing shall enable participants to demonstrate their personal integration of NLP Trainer skills into their personal fields of presentation.
Contents of NLP Trainer Certificate
NLP Trainer certificate has to include the following:
- a statement that this training was held according to IANLP standards
- an orginal seal of IANLP (sticker)
- a statement describing the duration of the training in days and hours
- date of the first and last day of training
- Name and signature of fellow member trainer IANLP
- Titel: NLP Trainer IANLP
This curriculum is valid as per January 1, 2001
View this document in other languages: