..... Please help us to keep this site up-to-date
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is currently being studied in universities all around the world. Please send us links to new studies. This is an important measure to get NLP the recognition it deserves. The more as scientific community seems to be biased towards NLP. Thank you.
.General NLP research studies and Databases
- The largest database of NLP articles is on www.nlp.de/research with over 370 academic paper - abstract on the articles are provided (Click 'Home' and you will be there)
- EANLPt link to all NLP/NLPt Research bits published in peer reviewed Journals since 1995
- NLP-Wiki (English) with an impressive list of research papers
- Evidence-based Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy: a Meta-Analysis by Zaharia C, et al. Psychiatr Danub. 2015.
- On the trail of "What is NLP?': The Evidence for NLP (ICPR Spring 2019); Lisa de Rijk, Lucas A.C. Derks, Bruce Grimley & Jaap Hollander; The British Psychologyical Society Shop
- The overall mission of the NLP Research and Recognition Project is to support, coordinate, and fund rigorous scientific research in the field of NLP and related intervention strategies.
- “Mirror Neurons”: The Neuropsychology of NLP Modelling. Validation of transfer of excellence techniques by modern neuro sciences.
- English (!) Wikipedia lists major studies of NLP and highlights the methodological problems when studying effectiveness. And after having read Wikipedia we recommend to read "Why hasn’t the NLP Wikipedia page been corrected? - The Truth About the NLP Wikipedia Page" too.
>> Since english Wikipedia is not willing to correct some of the obvious defects we strongly recommend to check out Wikipedia in other languages. Different authors have very different angles on NLP indeed!
- Spanish Wikipedia / French Wikipedia / German Wikipedia
Translate via Google Translator or (better quality) DeepL
- Assessing the effectiveness of NLP: Study Hollander / Malinowski (2016); Norris (1996)
- An outcome study documenting the effectiveness of NLP
- What is Neurolinguistic Programming, (NLP)? - The development of a grounded theory of NLP within an Action Research Journey. Dr. Bruce Grimley
- The need for neuro-linguistic programming to develop greater construct validity (ICPR Spring 2019), Bruce Grimley; The British Psychologyical Society Shop
- What cognitive psychotherapies - like CBT, NLP and Ericksonian hypnotherapy - reveal about the workings of the mind. A theoretical analysis over 35 years of clinical experimentation. Dr. Lucas Derks
- Usefulness of NLP when interviewing deaf individiduals
- A dissertation study concluding the effectiveness of interpersonal communication pacing (non-verbal matching)
- A study looking into the effects of matching predicates and client satisfaction
- A dissertation study examining the representational systems and perceived empathy
- Using Clean Language to explore the subjectivity of coachees' experience and outcomes.
- Disassociated state by 3rd-position selftalk to help control emotions
- NLP - It's potential for learning and teaching in formal education
- Dissertation on reducing parental anger
EMDR / Wingwave
- A comprehensive listing of research articles realting to EMDR and trauma therapy
- NLP Eye Accessing Cues - A research project
- The Eyes Don’t have it: Lie Detection and Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Wiseman and Watt, 2012.
- A good overview on EMDR - excellent as a handout for patients
- Check out nlp.de research database on 'eye movement' (some 300 studies on the subject)
- NLP and pregnancy sickness - a successful single case study
- NLP in treatment of Paediatric Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): randomised
Therapy - Psychotherapy
- Pilot study using Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) in post-combat PTSD (2014)
- Neuro-Linguistic Perspective of Long- and Short-Term Psychotherapy of Grief. Theoretical Background, Method and Case-Studies
- An investigation into how NLP can be a source of positive psychology interventions to increase self-esteem and subjective well-being in psychologically healthy populations
- A dissertation comparing counselors trained in NLP with counselors trained in traditional counseling
- A study on the treatment of phobia with NLP
- A brief treatment for fear of heights: a randomised controlled trial of NLP phobia work
- A study that shows NLP is more effective than drug therapy for smoking cessation.
- A dissertation concluding that matching primary representational system enhances trust in a therapeutic relationship