Curriculum NLP Master
Prior completion of the NLP Practitioner IANLP or NLP Practitioner training by other standards that are accepted by IANLP is required for the participation in the NLP Master training. If a prospective student does not fulfill this requirement please refer to procedure for granting equivalency (Post-certification based on third-party trainings).
Duration of training
A minimum of 130 hours of live training, including testing is required. Training must be spread over a period of 18 days or longer. Breaks exceeding 30 minutes that are taken in the course of the daily training can not be counted towards the fulfillment of the 130 training hours. In addition, individual out of school training of at least 10 full hours of training, and at least 5 coaching-sessions with the same client are required. Furthermore, at least 5 hours of supervision are required.
Eighty percent (80%) of the live training has to be led by a fellow member trainer; 20% of the live training can be led by any other qualified person under the supervision of a fellow member trainer. Starting with 15 participants, for each 15 additional participants, training has to include an assistant with at least NLP Master level training.
Qualification of Trainers
Fellow Member Trainers according to IANLP Standards
Abilities of NLP Master and Criteria for Evaluation and Certification
- Behavioral competence of all practitioner level skills, used both individually and in combination
- Behavioral integration of the presuppositions of NLP
- Knowledge of basic skills, abilities, techniques, patterns, methods and concepts of NLP; Personal ability to utilize them competently with self and others.
- Design individual interventions (generative and remedial)
- Ongoing development of personal sensory accuracy
- Ecological change work with self and others
- Ability to shift focus from between content and form, and between experience and label
- Advanced rapport abilities (build and maintain rapport to each individual in the training group)
- Demonstration of the ability to identify the following basic skills, techniques, patterns and concepts of NLP and to utilize these competently with self and with others.
- Techniques of change interventions for personal growth in business and personal context
- Metaprogram sorts
- Values and Criteria
- identification and utilization
- criteria ladder
- elicitation of complex equivalence
- adjustment of criteria
- Sleight of mouth patterns
- Refined use of submodalities
- Utilization and transformation of beliefs and presuppositions
- Advanced Milton-model and Meta-model work
- Deliberate multilevel communication
- Models for negotiation and conflict management
- Modeling, modeling project work
- Systemic work (groups, family, team)
- Advanced timeline work
- Integrative NLP models i.e. SCORE, SOAR, ROLE
The various advanced NLP techniques, i.e. Re-imprinting, Visual Squash, Core Transformation Process and more, are working examples of the content listed above and are therefore not explicitly described.
The above contents shall be conveyed by theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations and group exercises. NLP Masters are expected to demonstrate openness to experience the various processes by adopting the three roles that are typically encountered in the everyday work: that of an observer providing feedback, that of a growth experience seeking client, and that of a coach leading an individual.
Written test for NLP Masters
The required written test shall be a summary of the minimal contents and aims at ensuring a high level of quality. This test shall demonstrate the integration and knowledge of the following contents:
- Values and Beliefs (Logical levels)
- Systemic work (groups, teams)
- Sleight of mouth patterns
The written testing is to be designed by the fellow member trainer and is expected to match his/her training emphasis. Written tests are to be stored for at least three years following testing. For reasons of quality ensurance the IANLP, or a person representing the IANLP, reserves the right to review this documentation.
Practical testing for NLP Master
There shall be a practical testing period at the end of NLP Master training. The fellow member trainer is free to design this practical testing which demonstrates the fulfilment of the criteria required for certification.
The practical testing shall enable participants to demonstrate their personal integration of NLP presuppositons and selected NLP techniques, namely: Sensory awareness, Rapport, Ecological change work with self and others.
Contents of NLP Master Certificate
NLP Master certificates have to include the following:
- a statement that this training was held according to IANLP standards
- an orginal seal of IANLP (sticker)
- a statement describing the duration of the training in days and hours
- date of the first and last day of training
- Name and signature of fellow member trainer IANLP
- Title: NLP Master IANLP
This curriculum is valid as per January 1, 2001